Top 5 Reasons To Tint Your Car / Truck / RV / Boat / Home or Business
Tinting the car is not just for style purposes but it has, in fact, practical benefits. If you haven’t tinted your car yet, here are the top 5 reasons to do so now:
- Car tint repels the heat from outside. Without tint, the car can overheat easily. You will notice that even if you have the sun shade on your windshield, the car can still get so hot especially during summer time. It is just so hard to get inside the car after it has been parked outside for a while. Car tint can reduce heat by up to 50%. It makes the ride more convenient and it cuts down gas consumption.
- It makes driving safer. Sunlight passing through the glass can cause glare that can interfere with your driving. Lights from other vehicles can also cause glare. When the car is tinted, it will be safer for you to drive especially during the day.
- When car windows break, they usually shatter to pieces but not when they are tinted. The tint serves as temper for the glass. When hit with a force, the glass will break but it will not be shattered to pieces. This offers safety benefit for the driver and car passengers.
- The ultraviolet ray from the sun is harmful to the skin. Without car tint, the UV rays can get to your skin and you may have a higher chance to acquire skin cancer. The tint of the car helps block these harmful UV rays by up to 99%.
- Without car tint, the car can be so bare. Everything inside the car is easily visible from outside. This is one the major cause of car burglary. The tint helps ensure the privacy of the inside of the car.
These are the reasons why it is beneficial to tint your car. In Southern California, the sun can have damaging effects on both your car and you and your family, So check out The Tint Specialist we are always here to help.
SAVING ENERGY IN YOUR HOME
- Reject Solar Energy from entering your home by up to 70%
- Reduce the consumption of energy and the cooling load of your air conditioner
HOME WINDOW FILM PROTECTION
- These films can reject Ultra Violet rays by over 99%
- Keep the sun’s harmful Infra-Red radiation from entering your home or apartment
- Extends the lifespan of your homes interior possessions with fade protection
- Windows are more resistant to shattering which can cause injury and additional damage
- Reduces Infra Red heat from entering your home by up to 96%
- Enhances the comfort or your home by reducing glare significantly
- Ceramic Window Films are 100% free of Dyes and metals; no discoloration or demetalization
- Tested against both conventional metallic and dyed window films for UV degradation beyond their expected life cycles
- Residential limited lifetime warranty
- Experience the sense of European luxury with enhanced aesthetics
- Meeting the requirements of our customers for optimal solar control solutions
- We are part of a national selected dealer network for these films. We strive for Professionalism in service and quality installations, meeting the customer’s requirements for optimal solar control.
What is the California Tint Law?
The California law states that you may tint your rear side windows and the back window as dark or as light as you want as long as you have a rear view mirror on both sides of the vehicle. Your front driver and passenger door windows must have a minimum of 70% visible light transmission (VLT) with or without film. Most cars have a very slight factory tint integrated into the glass (approx.12% shading/88% VLT) which does little to block heat or harmful UV rays. Our 80% VLT film with high IR heat rejection combined with the minimal shading CURRENTLY in the factory glass will be below the legal limit of 70% VLT required by law. OC Tint Master provides you with a certificate of compliance along with your warranty card and care instructions.
Does window film stop fading?
Ultra violet, visible light and heat make up approximately ninety percent of fabric fading. A window film with a visible light transmission of 15% stops almost 80% of fabric fading while a window film with a visible light transmission of 60% stops approximately 60% of fabric fading by confining the amount Ultra violet, visible light and heat entering through the window.
What is the life span of window film?
The effective life span of window film depends on the types of film, glass, and climate. There are documented cases of film lasting 15 to 20 years or more in some instances. However, each installation comes with a lifetime warranty.
Can window film ever be removed?
Yes, window film can be removed at any time after the installation. As tint professionals we know all the tips and tricks on proper tint removal. Please call us if you require a removal. It is a very tough and messy job, not recommended for beginners.
Will tinted windows inhibit my visibility at night?
This all depends on the shade and quality of film you select. Dark or “limo” tint will definitely decrease your visibility at night. If this is a concern, a lighter-medium shade would be advisable.
Does Window Film go on the inside or the outside?
Automotive Window Film goes on the inside surface thus keeping it out of the elements.
Will the application of window film help my cooling costs in the summer?
Yes. LLumar high performance window films are designed to reject up to 79% of the sun’s total solar energy. This means that the more glass you cover that receives direct sunlight, the more heat you will prevent from entering the room. Remember, the film blocks solar heat and does not affect the ambient air temperature.